WHY PARTICIPATE MODEL UNITED NATIONS?
Model United Nations, is an educational simulation, academic competition in which students can learn about diplomacy, international relations, and the United Nations. MUN involves and teaches researching, public speaking, debating, and writing skills, in addition to critical thinking, teamwork, and leadership abilities.
“AGENTS OF CHANGE”
The Africa Model United Nations (AFROMUN) conference 2017 is an annual rotational simulation exercise that aims to discuss about the current issues around Africa as a contents and the issues around the world. The 4th conference is scheduled to take place at the United Nations Headquarters – Nairobi, Kenya from the 6th -10th March 2017 with the theme of “Becoming Agents of Change.” The conference will be a platform for the youths to not only participates in simulating the UN, but also has the advantage of simulating the African Union Committee.
The theme “Becoming agents of change” gives both the international and local delegates to deliberate and discuss on five committees: Social Humanitarian & Cultural Committee (SOCHUM),The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), United Nations Environmental programme (UNEP), UN Security Council (UNSC), African Union (AU). The conference 2017 will tackle topics and issues such as security, education, economy, technology, human rights, refugees, gender and equality, boy and girl, poverty and youth and empowerment. These topics are also in-line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and the Agenda 2063 of the African Union.
In addition, the conference shall provide a platform for the youths to take actions on global and local affairs, debating and practicing leadership and most of all setting by example and by coming up with amicable solutions.
The 4th AfroMUN 2017 Conference echoes the need for the youths to be empowered and a platform for the youths and the relevant persons to deliberate across the continent. Encouraging the youths to take Global matters into our own hands as the leaders of today “ youths For Change”
We are pleased to invite you to attend and publicize the event with an aim of making our agenda possible of becoming agents of change”.
Our theme focuses on United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and African Union Agenda 2063. Together we become the agents of change.
Our offices are at the USIU Student Centre First floor opened from 9.00am to 5.00 pm. Contact the
Position: Communication Director.
Phone: +254 706 669 791
- RT @kanhema : @unicnairobi Director @inaxusein with team from @USIUAfricaVC @USIUAfrica for the closing ceremony of @AfroMUNKe https://t.co/…4 months ago
- RT @kanhema : Closing ceremony of @AfroMUNKe @UnonDg @unicnairobi @USIUAfricaVC @USIUAfrica https://t.co/O7G7wjvDbz4 months ago
- RT @kanhema : Sights and sounds of the closing Ceremony of @AfroMUNKe .Assorted colours on display @unicnairobi @UnonDg @inaxusein https://t…4 months ago
- @USIUAfrica Chancellor addressing the Delegates of #AfroMUN2017 @UnKenya "You have all it takes to be the best of you" Dr. Manu Chandaria4 months ago
- Key Note address by Amp. Ogutu representing the C.S Foreign Affairs @ForeignOfficeKE @UnKenya @USIUAfrica … https://t.co/cWdyshS9HQ4 months ago